What are Elderberries?
If you are reading this, you probably care about your health more than the average person. Is it safe to say that you're probably on a path or maybe transitioning to a more natural, healthy, and holistic lifestyle? No matter where you are in your journey, whether you are brand new to discovering what this lifestyle entails, or maybe you've been using natural remedies for a while and want to expand it even more, understanding more about herbal remedies like elderberry syrup is a great place to start.
Your Path to a Holistic Lifestyle
During this journey, you will find that there are a lot of healing herbs that have medicinal properties.
This allows them to help with anxiety and stress, pain, skin conditions, gut issues, and so much more.
Then there are herbs that can help with the common cold and flu symptoms, such as elderberry. In fact, this is often what elderberry syrup is used for.
If you're looking to learn more about elderberry, including its health benefits and ways it can be used, you have come to the right place. I'll share more about the benefits of Elderberries next.
Let's talk about Elderberry...What are they? Why should I care?
Elderberries are little purplish-black berries that are found in bunches on the vine, they look very similar to blueberries. Elderberries have been used in holistic medicine for a long time, some say elderberries have been used for centuries. It's no wonder because they've been show to improve everything from your immune system to helping reduce inflammation and joint pain. I mean, who wouldn't want to include them in their wellness regimen?
Quick note for legal purposes:
It should be noted that like all natural remedies, it does not provide a cure or offer 100% success. Many people swear by adding elderberries or the elderberry syrup to their routine, but it should never replace medical advice from your doctor. (This is true of all natural and holistic remedies.). So I'm not telling you to cancel your doctor appointment and just drink some syrup, maybe do both?
With that being said, here are some important things to understand about elderberry.
Nutrients in Elderberries
The reason elderberries are so good for you in addition to the healing properties, is the fact that they contain high levels of nutrients. This makes them good for your physical health and general wellness.
Some of the nutrients you will get with elderberries or elderberry syrup include:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
Besides all these nutirents, elderberries are low in calories and have a lot of fiber. That means you get benefits like:
- more regular bowel function
- reduced blood pressure
- cardiovascular protection
- even protection against colorectal cancer.
Okay, okay, if that's not enough, let's talk about actual health benefits of the Elderberries.
Health Benefits of Elderberries
Here are some of the health benefits you can get from elderberries:
- Protection against the cold and flu – While elderberry is not a cure or treatment for the cold or flu, it can lessen the severity of the symptoms. Taking elderberry regularly in cold and flu season can is highly recommended and will provide some comfort for you and your family.
- Help with headaches and joint pain – Thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties of elderberry, you can reduce pain in your muscles and joints, as well as reduced headache pain.
- Relief from constipation – If you have digestive or bowel issues, especially with constipation or stomach cramps, elderberry is a great way to naturally treat it. This is mostly from the high amount of fiber, but also because of many other healing properties.
- Protection from kidney issues – You can give your kidneys a natural boost by consuming elderberries or the syrup on a regular basis. Everyone can benefit from this practice.
- Help with minor skin irritations – The antioxidants found in elderberries may help your skin conditions. This might include less acne and breakouts, a pretty skin glow, and help with certain chronic skin conditions.
There are so many ways elderberries benefit our bodies! Be sure to pick up a bottle of Sweet 'n Simple Elderberry and see for yourself what all the rage is about!